During the winter time in particular, we’re much more likely to fall ill. Cold and flu viruses thrive in cool, dry environments, and being indoors so much more exposes us to each others’ pathogens. Being sick is likely something you’ll have to go through no matter what you do, but strengthening your immune system means that your symptoms won’t be nearly so bad, and your illness won’t last so long.
I periodically take this elixir throughout the year, just to give my body a boost. Eating well and being active throughout the year also helps your immune system thrive. In the winter time, I ramp up the amount of this elixir I take, especially if I feel a cold coming on. It really works! Here’s how you make it.
You will need:
- 2 medium sized organic lemons
- 200 grams of raw honey
- 1 2-inch piece of organic ginger root
- Begin by washing your lemons, peeling the ginger, and then slicing them both into thin slices.
- Put in a blender, mix it well, and add honey to the mix. Mix it again until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator.
Consume 1 tablespoon on a daily basis. Children should consume 1 teaspoon or a bit less, depending on how old they are. You can add this elixir to a cup of hot tea too. If you’re already sick, it’ll help your throat and sinuses feel better almost instantly.