Green tea is one of my favorite beverages, especially on cold winter mornings. I make sure I always keep a few different kinds in the cupboard. I may start with a cup of coffee, but I want to continue having hot beverages, so I switch to green tea. Not only is it delicious, but there are five clear reasons to add more green tea to your diet.
1. Green tea works as an anti-bacterial agent. It’s good for preventing infections and keeping you well, especially in the cold and flu season.
2. Green tea promotes good oral health, in part because it’s anti-bacterial. It helps you avoid cavities, plaque and gum disease. Of course, don’t forget to brush, floss and rinse.
3. Green tea boosts your metabolism, giving you more energy and helping you lose weight. How can you lose?
4. Green tea promotes cardiovascular health. But so does proper diet and exercise. Don’t forget that!
5. And finally, green tea helps improve your memory.
Image credit: Kelly Garbato, Flickr